All data in this report was captured and analyzed by Huobi Research; please cite the source “Huobi Blockchain Big Data” for reference.

Abstract

All data in this report was captured and analyzed by Huobi Research; please cite the source “Huobi Blockchain Big Data” for reference.

New Data Included:

1. BTC and ETH transactions and fees
2. EOS DApps Activity Comparison

This Week:
1)  There was a drastic increase in the number of large BTC and ETH transactions. The number of large BTC transactions increasd by 60%, of which transactions over 1000 BTC increased by 295% compared to last week. The number of large ETH transactions increased 89.2%, in which transactions over 10000 ETH increased by 416%.
2) Transaction fee drastically increased for both BTC and ETH, in which BTC’s increased by 90% and ETH’s increased by 31%.
3) EOS DApp activity decreased by 6%, the first weekly decreased since October; total DApp transaction volume decreased from 106 million to 0.66 million EOS, down by 37.7%.

Social Media Data:
BTC, BCH, and ETH were most discussed cryptocurrency in China and overseas; In the Events category, “Fork”, “Contract” and “Bounce” were the hottest words in China, while “Bots”, “Mining” and “Fiat” were the hottest words overseas; in the Exchange and KOL category, “Huobi”, “Jihan Wu” and “Binance” were the hottest in China, while “Satoshi”, “Binance”, and “Coinbase” were the hottest overseas.
Among Github repositories, ETH, BTC and EOS were the top Cryptocurrencies projects that received the most stars in a week; EOS, BTC and NEO were the projects that received the most watchers in a week; ETH, IOTA and ADA were the projects with the most code commit submission this week

Market Trading Data:
The price of major Cryptocurrencies crashed this week, led by BCH which had the largest decrease of 55.75. Ripple had the smallest decrease of 14.14%.

1. On-Blockchain Data
1.1 Active Bitcoin Addresses

This week, the number of active Bitcoin addresses was the same as that of last week, remaining at 3.81 million.

There were 1.296 million new Bitcoin addresses created this week, decreased by 5.4% from last week’s 1.37 million.

1.2 Bitcoin Transactions

The overall transaction volume on Bitcoin network was 8.647 million BTC, drastically increased by 60% from last week’s 5.412 million. There were overall 1.926 million transactions this week, decreased by 0.4% compared to last week. The average trading volume per transaction increased by 60.4% to 4.49 BTC this week.

1.3 Bitcoin Transaction Fee

The overall transaction fee on Bitcoin network drastically increased from 132 BTC to 250 BTC this week. Average transaction fee was 0.00013 BTC, increased by 90.7% from last week.

1.4 Concentration of Wealth on Bitcoin

Concentration of wealth on bitcoin increased. Top 10 addresses held 5.34% of all Bitcoins, 0.12% less than last week; top 10-100 addresses held 0.1% more Bitcoins than that of last week; top 100-1000 held 0.13% more Bitcoins than that of last week; other addresses held 0.11% less Bitcoins than that of last week, reaching 64.13% of all Bitcoins.

Read Full Report Here: Huobi Blockchain Big Data Weekly Insights Vol. 24

Posted by Dominick